Junior financial controller
At United Wardrobe we believe that we can disrupt the fashion industry by making secondhand fashion the norm. Currently, we have 3.5M users and 1.1M products for sale, and are growing rapidly. As the company is growing rapidly, there is a lot of opportunity for rapid personal growth! As a Junior controller, you will be responsible for critical processes like: day to day financial administration, month-end closing, budgeting and reporting to the management team. Besides, you will also be responsible for all salary administration, which will make you the most popular person every month at the company. As we are a young company, we like our colleagues to take ownership and be committed to the company in everything you do; be involved, proactive, look for solutions or improvements and form an awesome team together with our Head of Finance.
Your role at UW:
Financial administration: You are responsible for keeping the administration up to date by handling declarations, invoices, managing the financial mailbox and more.
Month-/quarterly/year- end closing: You will prepare the month-end, quarterly-end and year-end closing.
Budgeting: Improve your forecasting skills and support the team during the preparation of budgets.
HR Administration: Besides making your colleagues happy with the salary administration, it will also be your responsibility to order NS travel cards, the registration of holidays and keeping the HR system up to date.
Why you are perfect for UW:
- +/- 1 year experience in a similar position, as an employee, intern of work student;
- Graduated with relevant educational background, e.g. finance and control, business economics, accounting (HBO/WO);
- You are familiar with the basic functions of Excel;
- Experience with Exact Online is an advantage;
- You have an analytical and curious mindset;
- You are flexible by nature, you don’t mind doing some ad hoc tasks to support the management team;
- You are accurate and proactive;
- Fluent in Dutch and a good command of English.
What we can offer you:
- An opportunity to disrupt the fashion industry and make it sustainable again.
- An amazing position and unique opportunity to grow within an international oriented organization with more and more new challenges
- A dynamic work environment where initiative and experiments are encouraged.
- A cool scale-up office in the center of Utrecht.
- Free daily lunches (/snacks!!) and weekly Friday afternoon drinks.
- United Wardrobe Holiday; working out of the office for a week every year!
- Company laptop to use both for work and private purposes.
- We support you developing yourself, and thus provide you with a €1.000 training budget.
- A competitive salary.